Hsis Safeguarding - Termly Update for Designated Safeguarding Lead (Spring 2019)
This course will cover updates on:
• Safeguarding legislation
• Child Protection and safeguarding processes in Havering
• Child Protection and safeguarding issues in Havering, and emerging cultural practices or trends
• S175 audit safeguarding, looking at statutory compliance & what has been learned from recent audits
• Safeguarding – what will Ofsted ask for
• Where to access additional training
• Reporting CP issues to Governors
This add-on course is ideal for individuals who also require first aid skills specific to children and infants. This course is an add-on to the First Aid at Work course. People who either work, or spend time in proximity to children and infants should attend this add on.
Team Teach Positive Handling Six Hour Accredited Open Course - 25th January2019 8:45 - 16:00
1 day Open Positive Handling Course for Havering Secondary Staff plus Providers covering EYFS and KS 1/2
Early Years SENDCo Network Meeting (SENCo Briefing)
The session’s gives the opportunity for all Early Years special educational needs co-ordinators (SENCo’s) in private, voluntary and independent settings, to update on new developments relevant for children with special educational needs and /or disabilities. It also provides the opportunity to network and share good practice. The session will include a series of presentations and/or workshops on relevant topics, this provides opportunities to work with other SENCo’s and learn new skills.