Mathematics Conference: EXPLORING MATHEMATICS – PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND MAGIC
This conference is free to HSIS package schools. It is currently being planned and so the programme will be updated as it is finalised.
Hsis NQT - KS1 Introduction to Early Years Foundation Stage
This session will give you opportunities to:
• Explore the EYFS
• Become familiar with the Prime areas of learning within the EYFS
• Consider observation and planning within the EYFS
Hsis English - Exploring poetry at KS2
The course will include:
• Engaging and challenging poems
• Approaches to discussion and writing to develop pupils’ understanding of poetry
Hsis Maths - Mastery Teaching in Mathematics
This session will provide opportunities to:
• Consider teaching for mastery in mathematics
• Explore the use of strategies to go deeper into maths strands
• Share good practice and teacher’s experiences of the mastery approach.