This course is an introduction to the subject and will make managers & supervisors aware of their responsibilities in relation to managing health & safety in the workplace.
This session will give you the opportunities to:
- have an understanding of the Council’s/School’s Health & Safety Management System
- know the general health & safety responsibilities of managers;
- know how to ascertain what their job’s specific health & safety duties are.
There is a short written test at the end of this course. Successful delegates will be issued with a certificate
- Understand the role of the manager in ensuring effective health & safety management;
- Review recent case law;
- Develop hazard and unsafe act & omission identification skills;
- Gain an insight into accident causation & investigation.