You will gain a deeper understanding of:
- Your role in keeping children within your setting safe from harm.
- An overview of the 4 categories of abuse; their signs and indicators; particularly non verbal
- What actions to take when you have a concern
- Any recent changes in legislation and guidance affecting this role
- The implications of these changes for your provision
- Current issues in safeguarding
This training will cover the broad aspects of safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children with the main focus being on the role and responsibilities of the childminder. It will support the development of a consistent approach to child safeguarding and provide you with the knowledge and understanding to embed child safeguarding in to your day to day practice.
This course will give you opportunities to:
- Update your knowledge and understanding of current safeguarding requirements
- Reflect on your role and responsibilities
- Consider how your policies and procedures are effectively implemented in your provision