This session will provide knowledge and understanding of:
- Your role in keeping children within your setting safe from harm.
- The 4 categories of abuse; their signs and indicators; particularly non verbal
- What actions to take when you have a concern
- How effective communication can help you gather appropriate information
- Your own perceptions and beliefs and their impact on your actions
- Keeping the child in focus whilst dealing with the challenges of speaking to parents/carers/DSL when you have a concern
This training is designed for all staff working in pre-school or nursery settings. It will support the development of a consistent approach to child safeguarding within a setting and give all staff the knowledge and understanding to embed child safeguarding in their day to day practice. Delegates will only need to attend one session.
You will be able to:
- Recognise signs of potential child abuse and be able to escalate your concern
- Communicate appropriately and confidently with the child and their parents/carers to establish facts to support the need for further action by the setting
- Raise a concern with your DSL using your settings policy and procedures
- Understand how decision are made by Children Services
- Seek advice from the Early Help Team or Havering’s Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub