The Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) dimension of the curriculum is not a new area of provision having always been a core aspect of the work schools do to ensure that their pupils develop into well-rounded individuals; however, the requirement to actively promote fundamental British values has placed a responsibility on schools to ensure that this good work, which may be implicit across the curriculum, should become explicit so that pupils and visitors to the school know what skills are being developed to encourage respect for democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
This course for SMSC co-ordinators will help you to audit your practice in this area in order to help you evidence SMSC across the curriculum and to consider how the British values are actively promoted and celebrated at your school.
This session will give you opportunities to:
- explore the key issues in developing the SMSC dimension with reference to British values;
- reflect upon your school's current provision; and
- consider appropriate strategies and planning in order to further develop inclusive practice.
You will be able to:
- identify your school's successes in this area; and
- know what steps your school can take in further developing the SMSC dimension.
Terms and Conditions (Please see full details uploaded on course page) 3 working days’ notice of cancellations is required prior to the scheduled date of a course. Turning up at a course without prior booking will incur the full course fee plus a £25 admin charge per delegate Non-attendance at courses displayed with no stated price will incur an admin charge of £25
Senior leaders SMSC co-ordinators