This session will include:
- A short case study element from a Havering primary or special school with a focus on effective implementation of the computing curriculum or online safety.
- Sharing interesting practice – bring along ideas from your own school. Are there things that you do, that others could benefit from?
- Top tips and tools for subject leaders to introduce, develop and monitor the impact of your curriculum
- Updates on national, local and international initiatives, policy and practice
- Practical ideas linked to a key aspect of computing which you can take away and share with colleagues
- An opportunity for you to ask questions and shape future agendas
Effective subject leadership is fundamental in ensuring continued school improvement. This termly, twilight, meeting will give computer subject leaders an opportunity to network and share good practice. This meeting will provide information on recent developments in computing teaching and learning and national and local updates. A selection of computing activities will be shared.
You will be able to:
- Report back to colleagues on the implications of new initiatives, policy and practice
- Improve the quality of teaching and assessment of computing
- Have an understanding of good practice across the local authority
- Return to school to further enhance practice