Statutory Compliance Guidance Document for Schools
This reference document has been compiled to guide and assist schools in managing their premises.
London Borough of Havering Council and schools as the ‘Duty Holder’ must comply with legislation and fulfil their statutory responsibilities and ensuing that i.e. by law:
· All Buildings/Premises/Properties, related assets and equipment under the authorities is serviced, maintained, statutory inspected and tested in accordance with legislation.
· All Buildings/Premises/Properties, related equipment under the authorities have a ‘Responsible Person’ appointed to ensure the servicing maintenance, statutory inspections, and testing are carried out.
To comply with these standards
· Compile a comprehensive asset register detailing all plant and equipment.
· Ensure the competency of staff or any third-party contractors employed to undertake any of the requirements listed are aware of the requirements.
· Keep adequate and appropriate records and other documentation.
· Ensure any recommendations to identified problems are noted, addressed and that suitable resources are allocated to ensure the requirements are met.
If you have any queries or concerns please contact One Source Asset Management Team for further advise/ support.